This policy governs the online processing activities of this website. For offline
processing of personal data, please request a copy of our data protection policy from our Data Protection Manager (contact details below).
We are Irish Dog Foods Ltd. We are a company specialising in the development
and production of award-winning pet food.
Irish Dog Food is the controller of the personal data it processes. You can contact us in a number of ways, which are set out on the contact us page of our website at http://www.irishdogfoods.com/ask-a-question.html or by writing to our Data Protection Manager at Irish Dog Foods, Naas Industrial Estate, Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously and will not collect any
personal information about you on this website without your clear knowledge
and permission. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be
treated strictly in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation
(GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988-2018. Where data is submitted it will be used for the stated purpose and any reasonably incidental purposes only.
We do not sell or distribute your personal information to third parties for
purposes of allowing them to market products and services to you.
Communicating via the internet and sending information to you by other means
necessarily involves your personal information passing through or being handled by third-parties.
The information we collect
- For general web-browsing certain statistical information is available to us via our internet service provider. This information may include the IP and logical address of the server you are using, the top level domain name from which you access the internet (for example .ie, .com, etc.), the type of browser you are using, the date and time you access our site and the internet address linking to our site. We may also use temporary “session” cookies which enable a visitor’s web browser to remember which pages on this website have already been visited.
- You have an opportunity to send us information via this website, such as through the “ask a question” or “request a visit” pages or any other area where you may send e-mails, request information or provide feedback. Our ‘request a visit’ form collects name, company, address and message content. We use these details solely for the purpose for which you provided them.
- Information contained within a job application (CV) where that is sent via our website.
The purpose of collecting information
- Website functionality - We analyse website users’ pattern of use to help us to improve, administer and diagnose problems with our server and website.
- Complaint handling – we may use the data you provide to us via our contact form or email address.
- Responding to your query – you may provide us with personal data through our contact form or email address while seeking information about our products.
- Sending newsletters – we will only send newsletters or marketing updates to you if you have signed up or have provided your consent to receive them.
- Job applications – from time to time jobs may be advertised on our website and potential candidates will submit their personal data (e.g. CV’s) for our review.
- Entering competitions.
- Legal basis for processing
We process your personal data based on the following lawful basis:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract (e.g. Employment contract)
- Processing necessary for Irish Dog Foods to pursue its legitimate interests
- Processing based on the Data Subject’s consent
- Processing that is required under applicable law (e.g. Revenue/PRSI)
Under data protection law, data subjects have certain rights. Subject to certain
restrictions, which are set out below, you can exercise these rights in relation to
your personal data we process.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data
- The right to access your personal data
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to processing of your personal data
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling.
- You have the right to complain to the Irish Data Protection Commission (www.dataprotection.ie ) and to seek compensation through the courts.
We reserve the right to request you to provide additional information in order to enable us to identify your personal data and/or to verify your identity.
Restriction of data subject rights in certain circumstances
Article 23 of the GDPR allows for data subject rights to be restricted in certain
circumstances. In addition, the 2018 Act contains certain provisions dealing with the restriction of rights of data subjects, in particular Sections 59, 60 and 61, which give further effect to the provisions of Article 23. Further information can be found here.
Who we share your information with
We do not share your information with third parties other than those set out in
this policy. We may share your information in the following circumstances:
Service providers: We may need to share personal information with our
service providers, such as where necessary to provide our services to you. If
information with our legal advisors. All of our service providers will be
obliged to keep your personal information safe and secure.
Business Transfer: Where some or all of our company and/or its assets may
potentially be or have been acquired, we may need to transfer your personal information to the new or prospective owners.
- Other: We will share your information with a third party other than a service provider where you have given your consent for us to do so.
We generally store personal information on servers located inside the European
Economic Area. However, in certain cases it may be necessary for us to transfer
certain information to servers located outside of the EU. It is important to be
aware that the privacy protections in certain jurisdictions may not be equivalent
to those in Europe but we will only transfer your information outside the EEA
where permitted by law and ensuring that it is subject to appropriate protections.
Irish Dog Foods Ltd. retains personal data for a range of periods as set out in our Data Retention Policy.
We take our security responsibilities seriously, employing the most appropriate
physical and technical measures. We review our security policy regularly.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This legal policy and all issues regarding this website are governed exclusively by Irish law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
Delay or failure on our part in enforcing any of our rights shall not constitute a
If you have any questions about this policy, our practices relating to the website
or your dealing with the website you can contact us at
Data Protection Manager,
Irish Dog Foods, Naas Industrial Estate, Naas, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
Changes to this policy
Prepared by Ambit Compliance.